Thursday, September 23, 2010

Brava's School Friends

Poem Mariah Anderson


Son of a bitch


Turbulent since the second grade, we’ve got history, the church and me

Referrals for talking when the priest was, giving dirty looks to the
guy on the crucifix

And two expulsions from catholic school later, it’s no wonder this
girls devotion withers

Time has killed more than the crusades, and I don’t fight for higher
powers

I have more enjoyable wastes of hours

The church and me are siblings

We bicker then pretend to make up for my mother’s sake, it’s fake.

The church is the math teacher who wouldn’t show me how to multiply

So I didn’t learn ‘til grade nine and by then, I’d failed all the tests.

And the rest is history as they say but the church and me got hell to
pay

It was my biggest contender ‘til I discovered it was a pretender and
now my protector…

Is myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :D

Brava<3